Panopto Help for Faculty
Panopto is a course capturing software that integrates smoothly with Moodle. Panopto uses an easy interface to record video, audio, screen capture, and Powerpoint.
If you are new to Panopto, watch this introductory video!
Consider Panopto for:
- Capturing an entire course from home or in the classroom
- Record a portion of your lecture for students to review
- Broadcast live (webinar)
- Learn how to add the Panopto Focus block to your Moodle course
- Learn how to download the Panopto recorder and log in using Moodle
- Learn how to record using Panopto
- Using the document camera with Panopto
- Learn how to do some basic editing with Panopto
- Live broadcast using Panopto with student interaction
- Using the Panopto app on your Apple device
- Learn how to copy a video that will be used in more than one course
- Learn how to move videos to a different class
- Renaming a Video
- Learn how to move Panopto videos to a different folder (You will want to do this if you have preexisting videos that are in the incorrect folder for your current needs)
- Learn how to upload existing video files to a course in Moodle, i.e. videos you've had the IMC encode for use in Moodle, or videos created using something other than Panopto
- Adding videos to course-content and generating report
- Manage your recordings
For Panopto Support, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.